A wide range of industries
The international world of processing comprises a large variety of industries and companies. DMN-WESTINGHOUSE has been designing and manufacturing rotary valves, diverter valves and other related components for the bulk solids handling industry for more than 45 years.
- Aquaculture Aquaculture is the farming (breeding, raising, and harvesting) of fish, shellfish, and aquatic plants (think algae) in fresh, salt, and brackish waters.
- Food The food industry is one of the largest on the planet. The World Bank, in figures recently published, valued the global food and agriculture sector at 10% of gross domestic product.
- Pet Food The food industry continues to grow. According The UN Food and Agricultural Organization, the world will need to produce 60% more food by 2050.
- Pharma At some point in our lives, we will probably all be extremely grateful for the investment that the world’s pharmaceutical companies continue to make in new treatments.
- Chemicals A world with no processed chemicals at all would present a very inhospitable environment. No medicines and no oil-based products would mean no transportation as we know it.
- Plastics The plastics industry is a massive industry which touches literally everyone.
- Minerals Thanks to carbon dating, scientists are reasonably sure that around 43,000 years ago, our ancestors mined Lion Cave for hematite from which to manufacture red ochre.
- Power Biomass With one or two notable exceptions, practically every industrialized country in the world acknowledges that we are facing a major global warming problem.
- Recycling The weight of electrical products and consumer electronics that will be recycled globally in 2017 is 65.4 million tonnes.